[keycloak-user] IOT-support

Thomas Darimont thomas.darimont at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 9 04:00:06 EDT 2016

Hello Eduard,

could you elaborate a bit on your use case?

1) How many devices do you need to manage? thousands, millions, billions?
2) Do you preregister devices or do you need to register them ad-hoc?
3) Do you need a device to user mapping?
4) What (general) metadata do you need to store per device?
(DeviceInfo, e.g.: Device class, type, unique-id, device name, create /
update timestamp, features (perhaps as "tags"), enabled state, activation
state, link to the actual device, link to device specs)
5) Do yo hard code a secret to the device and does the secret needs to be
part of the device info in KC?

Given the current Keycloak infrastructure I'd (IMHO) rather see a dedicated
infrastructure
for IoT devices (Device Management?) instead of extending and using the
existing client facilities for this.

Cheers,
Thomas