[keycloak-user] ClientRoles property is empty in UserRepresentation

NEMECKAY Marek Marek.NEMECKAY at frequentis.com
Tue Aug 9 05:48:52 EDT 2016

Dear all,

We are facing a problem with retrieving the client roles from Keycloak. In our implementation we are using the following API to find a retrieve user data via username:
http://www.keycloak.org/docs/rest-api/index.html#_get_users

In the retrieved UserRepresentation<http://www.keycloak.org/docs/rest-api/index.html> object instance the property clientRoles is always null. We are using Keycloak 1.9.8 connected to a LDAP server for user federation. We are connecting a receiving the access token with a admin-user of the corresponding realm. This works just fine. We are also receiving user data like name, e-mail etc., but the client roles are always null. The mappers to sync roles between Keycloak and LDAP are also defined and working.

Is there anything else we have overlooked or we should check?

Thanks and BR,