[keycloak-user] Can no longer create users in Active Directory from Keycloak

Edgar Vonk - Info.nl Edgar at info.nl
Tue Aug 9 09:56:53 EDT 2016

Hi Marek,

Sorry, never mind. We were missing the ‘cn’ user attribute mapper for some reason.. Adding this mapper fixes the issue. I did manage to reproduce the issue by debugging (using my IDE) the Keycloak source code in LDAPUtils#addUserToLDAP

In UsersResource#createUser a ModelException is caught but never logged so this information gets lost completely:

catch (ModelException me){
    if (session.getTransaction().isActive()) {
        session.getTransaction().setRollbackOnly();
    }
    return ErrorResponse.exists("Could not create user");
}

It would be great if some exception logging could be added to this class to help in troubleshooting.

cheers

Edgar