[keycloak-user] Organization Based Accounts and Permissions

Pedro Igor Silva psilva at redhat.com
Thu Aug 18 07:54:55 EDT 2016

----- Original Message -----

The idea is that you can do both: feature and/or resource.

That is the reason behind our Protection API (based on UMA spec). It provides an API that allows client applications acting as a resource server (your service) to create "resources instances" whose owner could be an user. But nothing stops you to still have a typed resource (eg.: type Bank Account) and apply general permissions/policies to it. Take a look at that "authz/photoz" example application, there we try to demonstrate that. There you have a general purpose "Album Resource" and every time an user creates a new album it is also created a corresponding resource in the server. In this case, the new resource is going to inherit the permissions applied to the "Album Resource".

For the feature-based resource scenario, you may take a look to "authz/servlet-authz-app". There we try to demonstrate how you can protect resources and actions/scopes in order to build, for instance, a dynamic menu with the permissions granted by the server.