[keycloak-user] Use of Keycloak account for web socket connexions

GATEAU Martine martine.gateau at altran.com
Fri Aug 19 05:18:16 EDT 2016

Dear Sir or madam,

We want to use keycloak for one project where we have Websocket communication between a mobile app and a server.
We want to create user account, so as the users can login and be authenticated. Then, we will open a web socket and only a few or no HTTP messages will be exchanged between the App and the server.
What will happen with the keycloak session? Is there a mean with web socket to let keycloak know that traffic exchanges have occurred without a HTTP message?
Do you advise to have long session duration (for exemple 1 day) to avoid to frequent disconnexions?

Thanks in advance for your answer

Martine Gateau
Systems Engineering
Altran Connected Solutions, Orvault