[keycloak-user] User federation providers export/import

John Bartko john.bartko at drillinginfo.com
Tue Aug 23 18:10:21 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I am attempting export user federation providers and import them into a
different Keycloak instance. The ldap example realm export
<https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/examples/ldap/ldaprealm.json#L126-L152>
*looks*
like the web admin UI import can do what I need. After importing (step 3 in
the example's readme
<https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/tree/master/examples/ldap#keycloak-example---ldap>)
there are still no user federation providers configured nor any indication
of an error.

Similarly, when doing an export at WildFly server boot on a Keycloak
instance with user federation configured, I do not see any trace of the
provider in the export.

Partial import of clients works fine. Is this the right way to go about
persisting realm configuration across deploys/environments?

Thanks,
-John Bartko