[keycloak-user] how to set 'scope=offline_access' in keycloak-nodejs-connect during login

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed Aug 31 03:11:42 EDT 2016

It depends if keycloak-nodejs adapter has some nice support for "inject"
the custom value of scope parameter into the initial Keycloak login (
AuthorizationEndpoint ) URL.

Our java adapter has support for it, as it "forwards" the value of scope
parameter from the secured URL to the Keycloak login URL. For example if
you open "http://localhost:/yourapp/secured?scope=offline_access", the
adapter forwards the "scope=offline_access" to the Keycloak. Our
keycloak.js adapter also has support for adding custom scope. However
not really sure about keycloak-nodejs-connect.

Maybe either someone more familiar with keycloak nodeJS adapter will
reply. Or you can try to dig yourself and eventually create JIRA (or
even better send PR) for adding the missing functionality.

Marek