[keycloak-user] How to integrate or make use of KeyCloak user database in my own application?

Ling lingvisa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:53:20 EDT 2016

Hi, All:

So far I have been playing with KeyCloak and been able to set it up and
running the customer-portal example successfully. Now I need to actually
use it in my application, and I am not totally sure whether KeyCloak is the
thing that I am looking for, but I believe my need is just a common use
case and hopefully KeyCloak is the right software that I am looking for..

When a user comes to my website, he registers and makes a post. Both the
post and the user information is stored into databases, and the link
between the user and post, i.e. who made which post? So I have two tables
in my database: Post(id, post) and User(id,name), and another table
UserPost(PostID, UserID) to store linking information. This is all fine in
my own database.

But now when KeyCloak comes into play, the user first registers in KeyCloak
server and user information are stored in its own database there, which
seems unrelated to the database (Post and User) in my application. I don't
want to duplicate two User databases in two servers, right? Even if I can
tolerate the duplication, how to make the connection between KeyCloak
database and my application database? I am using JBoss, Hibernate/JPA in my
application.

Maybe I am missing something in the way how to connect KeyCloak with my own
application. Is there any tutorial or documentation that I can read?

Thank you.