[keycloak-user] Default client for a realm

Thomas Darimont thomas.darimont at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 5 09:15:31 EST 2016

Hello Stian, Hello Thomas,

yes I understand that - and I agree that falling back to the default client
in case of a missing client is not a good idea.

However I think I would be very helpful to be able to initiate a redirect
from one client to another client (that is just known by client_id)
for the use case I outlined above -> e.g. redirecting to a "launchpad" app.

E.g.:
https://keycloak-server:8080/auth/realms/my-realm/redirect?client_id=my-default-client
-> would redirect to the my-default-client base url.

https://keycloak-server:8080/auth/realms/my-realm/redirect
-> would redirect to the client marked as "default"

@Thomas
Initially I also thought about having a default redirect url per realm but
then I thought that simply refering to a client_id and let keycloak
redirect the user
appropriatly would be more flexible, especially because you can then also
leverage all the client metadata that is available for a client (name,
description etc.).

Cheers,
Thomas