[keycloak-user] Default client for a realm

Thomas Raehalme thomas.raehalme at aitiofinland.com
Fri Feb 5 09:22:55 EST 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 4:15 PM, Thomas Darimont <
thomas.darimont at googlemail.com> wrote:

> yes I understand that - and I agree that falling back to the default
> client in case of a missing client is not a good idea.

I understand this as well, but it has not been uncommon to encounter a
situation where the user needs to know where to go next, because Keycloak
doesn't have a link available.

Maybe and hopefully it's just related to the development phase when
applications are redeployed often.

> @Thomas
> Initially I also thought about having a default redirect url per realm but
> then I thought that simply refering to a client_id and let keycloak
> redirect the user
> appropriatly would be more flexible, especially because you can then also
> leverage all the client metadata that is available for a client (name,
> description etc.).

Defining an existing client as a default is indeed a better idea. I
probably misunderstood you first.

Best regards,
Thomas