[keycloak-user] Extending Themes via SPI

Sarp Kaya akaya at expedia.com
Fri Feb 12 01:08:16 EST 2016

Hi all,

In regards to Extending Themes via SPI all I found is this documentation:
http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/keycloak-server/html/providers.html and
<http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/keycloak-server/html/themes.html#d4e2450>
http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/keycloak-server/html/themes.html#d4e2450
I found it a little less describing.

When I implement those two classes, where do I put the new implemented classes? How do I deploy them?
Can I also use Spring mvc and JSP and few maven dependencies instead of freemarker?

I also tried to find an example to extend theme using SPI but there seems to be none. It would be really nice if you could provide a sample hello world.

Thank you very much,
Sarp Kaya