[keycloak-user] initialising docker

Edgar Vonk - Info.nl Edgar at info.nl
Mon Feb 15 03:40:36 EST 2016

Hi Tim,

We also struggle with this. What we do at the moment is we _always_ import the realm on startup of our Keycloak Docker container. Our current idea is that we will not have any runtime configuration changes in our realm at all, apart from filling the Keycloak caches. The idea being that runtime configuration changes are not automatable. We store our users and groups in LDAP/Active Directory and all realm configuration is stored in the realm JSON file in Git and imported every time.

I was wondering: if you do change your realm configuration runtime how do you deal with deployment automation? Is your idea to only import your realm definition once? If so, how would you deal with automating realm configuration changes?

cheers

Edgar