[keycloak-user] Add custom protocol mapper

Edgar Vonk - Info.nl Edgar at info.nl
Mon Feb 15 11:03:10 EST 2016

Thanks Bill! We found this out indeed and managed to create our own mapper as a spike. Creating the Java class is easy enough and fine as it is. You also need to add the mapper to the list of available mappers in:
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/services/src/main/resources/META-INF/services/org.keycloak.protocol.ProtocolMapper

Our challenge now lies in how to integrate these code changes into our (Docker based) build proces. Ideally we do not want to have to build Keycloak itself from source code. We really only want to build our custom mapper and somehow add it to the Keycloak distribution if at all possible. The Java class is the easy part I guess, but adding the mapper definition to the META-INF file seems a little harder.

cheers