[keycloak-user] User Account access from client

Marko Strukelj mstrukel at redhat.com
Fri Feb 19 15:58:27 EST 2016

Realm has to be a part of user account url. That's built into Keycloak
server, and how its service endpoints are structured.

Within your application you can use HttpServletRequest attributes to get to
KeycloakDeployment, which contains information about the realm your
application was configured with:

KeycloakSecurityContext ctx = (KeycloakSecurityContext)
request.getAttribute(KeycloakSecurityContext.class.getName());
KeycloakDeployment deployment = ((RefreshableKeycloakSecurityContext)
ctx).getDeployment();
String realm = deployment.getRealm();

You can now use this realm to construct user account URL. I'm not sure if
this is part of our public API. There is realm on KeycloakSecurityContext,
but that one is only available if user is currently logged in.