[keycloak-user] Blacklisting/whitelisting of domains for email entered during user registration

Vlastimil Elias velias at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 05:00:06 EST 2016

Hi,

Is there this feature (i was not able to find it) in Keycloak or is it
planned (I was not able to find it in JIRA)?

It is extremely useful (mainly blacklisting) in some cases. Eg.
yesterday we fought spammers in one of our public systems. Spammers
registered lots of new users using disposable email service and then
used them to create spam content. We blacklisted domains used by the
disposable email service from registration, which stopped spammers
immediately.
We do not use Keycloak there yet, but maybe in future. Current system we
use has blacklisting available OOTB.

Registration email whitelisting may be useful if you create service for
eg. your employees only, and want them to register there with company
emails only.

I think it should be possible to add new step into "Registration" flow
to perform this blacklisting, we can do it yourself probably, but it
should be cool to have this very useful feature present in the Keycloak
out of the box.

WDYT about this feature, can I create jira feature request for it?

Vlastimil

--
Vlastimil Elias
Principal Software Engineer