[keycloak-user] Accurate description of Keycloak's capabilities?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 11:22:58 EST 2016

Much more:
- IDP brokering (Keycloak can be a child IDP to a parent IDP)
- reset credentials
- registration (with or without recaptcha)
- required actions (verify email, update credentials, update profile)
- User session management

Custom SPIs to create/augment:
- browser login flow
- reset credential flow
- registration
- REST validation
- service accounts

With this SPI you can add custom authentication types, perform workflow
actions, etc...

User self-help:
- Account management for logged in users.

Internationalization/Localization:
- Basically all UIs (admin console, login,

On 2/24/2016 8:20 AM, Marc Boorshtein wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm going to be presenting OpenUnison at an OpenShift briefing
> tomorrow and have been asked to include a slide on how OpenUnison and
> Keycloak relate to each other.  Based on getting Keycloak running and
> looking at the website and following the list I'm planning on breaking
> down KC's features as such:
>
> Authentication
> * OIDC
> * SAML2
> * Social
> * TOTP
> * IdP "Proxy" for both SAML2 and OIDC
>
> User Data Sources
> * LDAP
> * AD
> * Custom
>
> Role Management
> * Local database
> * Mapped to external data source
>
> Application Integration
> * SAML2
> * OIDC/OAuth2
> * Reverse Proxy with header injection
>
> UI Pages
> * Themed
>
> I want to make sure this is accurate, so I'd appreciate any feedback
> that you have.
>
> Thanks
>
> Marc Boorshtein
> CTO Tremolo Security