[keycloak-user] Accurate description of Keycloak's capabilities?

Marc Boorshtein marc.boorshtein at tremolosecurity.com
Wed Feb 24 13:57:36 EST 2016

Thanks Ragu.  I didn't mention certificates for KC because its says "coming
soon" on the website's front page.  The slide I linked to is my current
draft (I won't be able to fit all this information onto a single slide).
In OpenUnison we separate authentication mechanisms from data source and
include federation as a form of authentication (even though strictly
speaking we don't collect credentials).  So there's no "LDAP
Authentication" in OpenUnison, there's a username & password authentication
mechanism (that can be added to a chain) that would then validate that
credential through the virtual directory.  Same thing for SAML and OIDC,
once we validate the assertion/token we link the user in the virtual
directory (or create a virtual user or run a just-in-time provisioning
workflow to create the user)

Thanks

Marc Boorshtein
CTO Tremolo Security