[keycloak-user] Keycloak 1.9 behind Apache2 reverse proxy not working properly

Matthias Müller matthias_mueller at tu-dresden.de
Fri Feb 26 08:54:42 EST 2016

Yes. I’ve set up an HTTPS reverse proxy in Apache as usual with and added the required header:

RequestHeader set X-Forwarded-Proto "https" env=HTTPS

Then I edited /usr/local/keycloak/standalone/configuration/standalone.xml according to these instructions.

>From what I’ve seen there’s no difference in the responses between:

a)      Configuring reverse proxy in Apache only

b)      Configuring reverse proxy in Apache AND editing standalone.xml

In both cases the hostname is properly resolved, but not the protocol part.

Cheers,

Matthias

p.s.: The documentation shows a configuration for an old release (1.1) of the undertow subsystem. Current is 3.0, which is also part of Keycloak distro. Is the configuration identical for both versions?