[keycloak-user] Update account - login action tokens - how to make them persistent

Edgar Vonk - Info.nl Edgar at info.nl
Mon Feb 29 11:52:51 EST 2016

Hi,

See if I understand this correctly: in the default set up of Keycloak sessions and temporary tokens are not persisted in the Keycloak database? So consider this scenario:

1/ login as admin to master realm
2/ go to Users - Credentials and send a ‘Update Password’ reset action email
3/ user receives an email with a link with a unique token to update his/her password in Keycloak
4/ Keycloak server is restarted for whatever reason
5/ the temporary ‘login action token’ no longer exists and the link from 3/ no longer works

Is this correct and expected behaviour?

And if so, can somebody maybe point us in the direction to solve this? I.e. by making sessions/tokens by persistent I guess.

cheers

Edgar