[keycloak-user] Question about Realm and Client (Resource) Roles

Giovanni Baruzzi giovanni.baruzzi at syntlogo.de
Mon Jan 4 13:04:14 EST 2016

Dear All,

In the documentation I read about the Realm and Resource Roles

Under  "2.2.1. Permission scopes³ you can read:
"The role mappings contained within the token are the intersection between
the set of user role mappings and the permission scope
of the client.  So, access tokens are tailor made for each client and
contain only the information required for by them.³

Further, under "8.1. General Adapter Configuration³, you read
"use-resource-role-mappings³ If set to true, the adapter will look inside
the token for application level role mappings for the user.
If false, it will look at the realm level for user role mappings. This is
OPTIONAL. The default value is false

I would like to understand how to use it and how to configure it, but I
cannot find anything in the documentation nor in the tips of the Console.

Can anybody give me a pointer to more information?

Thank you,

Giovanni