[keycloak-user] A simple user login/registration in Keycloak

Martin Min lingvisa at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 17:04:57 EST 2016

Hello,

I have followed the keycloak "customer-portal" demo to learn KeyCloak, and
want to use it in an application, but have no idea of how to start with
KeyCloak. This is what I need:

On my home page, there is a typical user name login and registration box,
as you can see in many sites. How to configure KeyCloak and register in my
application so that after user types username and password, then Keyclaok
will do the job for me.

In the customer-demo, the user first click a link "customer-linking", which
redirects to the KeyCloak server for authentication, and this is configured
in Web.xml, in particular this section:

<security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
            <web-resource-name>Customers</web-resource-name>
            <url-pattern>/customers/*</url-pattern>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <auth-constraint>
            <role-name>user</role-name>
        </auth-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

In my case, users don't have to click a link to re-direct to Keycloak
server to accept user input. My home page directly provides users with the
user and password fields in the html form. How can i extend or modify the
customer-portal demo to set up a very basic user login functionality in
KeyClaok for my application?

I understand this is probably something very basic, but I appreciate any
feed back and information to achieve this.

Thank you.