[keycloak-user] A simple user login/registration in Keycloak

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Jan 15 17:10:18 EST 2016

The idea with IDPs and SSO is that the Authentication server collects
username and credentials.  The app NEVER sees them.

We do have a REST api that you can invoke to valid a user and obtain a
token.  If you use this though, and you don't let keycloak gather
username/credentials itself through the browser, then SSO just won't
work. The auth server needs to set up an SSO cookie with your browser
for SSO to work.

On 1/15/2016 5:04 PM, Martin Min wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have followed the keycloak "customer-portal" demo to learn KeyCloak,
> and want to use it in an application, but have no idea of how to start
> with KeyCloak. This is what I need:
>
> On my home page, there is a typical user name login and registration
> box, as you can see in many sites. How to configure KeyCloak and
> register in my application so that after user types username and
> password, then Keyclaok will do the job for me.
>
> In the customer-demo, the user first click a link "customer-linking",
> which redirects to the KeyCloak server for authentication, and this is
> configured in Web.xml, in particular this section:
>
> <security-constraint>
>         <web-resource-collection>
> <web-resource-name>Customers</web-resource-name>
> <url-pattern>/customers/*</url-pattern>
>         </web-resource-collection>
>         <auth-constraint>
>             <role-name>user</role-name>
>         </auth-constraint>
>     </security-constraint>
>
> In my case, users don't have to click a link to re-direct to Keycloak
> server to accept user input. My home page directly provides users with
> the user and password fields in the html form. How can i extend or
> modify the customer-portal demo to set up a very basic user login
> functionality in KeyClaok for my application?
>
> I understand this is probably something very basic, but I appreciate
> any feed back and information to achieve this.
>
> Thank you.

Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
http://bill.burkecentral.com