[keycloak-user] Password algorithm into Keycloak

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 02:09:49 EDT 2016

You can import users via the rest API or import from JSON. For import from
JSON you have to options either partial import in the admin console or
import at startup [1].

In either case you have to implement a bcrypt password hashing provider.
There's no documentation for this yet, but you'd need to implement a
provider for PasswordHashProvider [2]. There's general docs for
implementing a custom provider though [3].

[1]
https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/server-adminstration-guide/content/topics/export-import.html
[2]
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/server-spi/src/main/java/org/keycloak/hash/PasswordHashProvider.java