[keycloak-user] Browser Caching in Custom Theme not working

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Wed Jul 27 06:02:24 EDT 2016

Hi Chris, there was a discussion about it here[1]. Theme resources are
cached for performance reasons like mentioned in that thread.

Can you see your updates after clear the cache? If you would like
instantly see your changes during development phase, take a look at
the docs[2].

[1] - http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-user/2015-December/003927.html
[2] - https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/server-developer-guide/content/topics/themes.html

On 2016-07-22, Chris Hairfield wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We've started deploying our custom login and account themes to persistent
> environments and are finding that our browser caches aren't updating
> properly as we push code. We are using Docker, so upgrades entail
> destroying the existing container and starting a new one with our updates.
>
> An instance of this is with the Join functionality where the form itself
> didn't show after an upgrade, but we worked around it by entering an
> incognito window.
>
> This is the approach we've learned to use when developing as well: test in
> an incognito window.
>
> I'm curious, what are your suggestions for deploying Keycloak in such a way
> as to properly update client browsers when our themes are updated?
>
> Thanks!
> Chris

abstractj
PGP: 0x84DC9914