[keycloak-user] Using Keycloak with Apache and mod_auth_oidc

Thomas Darimont thomas.darimont at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 3 10:57:57 EDT 2016

Hello Niels,

I think you're right here - apachectl -L says:
OIDCCryptoPassphrase (mod_auth_openidc.c)
Passphrase used for AES crypto on cookies and state.
Allowed in *.conf only outside <Directory>, <Files>, <Location>, or <If>

I did not read the docks properly. So this OIDCCryptoPassphrase is only
used by
Apache mod_oidc & mod_balancer & not by keycloak if I understand you
correctly.

So I could simply change:

OIDCCryptoPassphrase currently-not-supported-by-keycloak
OIDCCryptoPassphrase a-random-secret-used-by-apache-oidc-and-balancer

... to make it more clear that this secret should really be a secret and is
not used by Keycloak, right?

Cheers,
Thomas