[keycloak-user] Idp and authenticate by default

Sjef Hoeks s.hoeks at gouwit.nl
Mon Jun 20 11:41:57 EDT 2016

Hi,

I setup Keycloak for using an Identity Provider. Everything works fine, i.e. when I open my application, I see the Keycloak login screen, choose the Identity Provider (e.g. GitHub), login and I can use my application. When I open the application again in a new tab, I'm already logged in and I can use the application without logging in again.

But I always want to use the Identity Provider, so I check Authenticate by Default in the settings tab of the Identity Provider. Everything seems to work fine, but when I open the application in a second tab, the first tab is reauthenticating. And then the second tab is reauthenticating. And so on.

I tried this with my own implemented Identity Provider and with GitHub. I expected that the only difference is that I don't have to choose the Identity Provider. According to the docs only step 3 and 4 from the base flow are skipped (show list of identity providers and select identity provider). But the behaviour is very different.

Is this expected behaviour or a bug?

Kind regards,
Sjef

Sjef Hoeks
Technisch Architect

[cid:GOUWit_logo_3612b840-badb-433c-9c06-73aec15567bc.jpg]

Gouw Informatie Technologie bv
Hogeweg 5, 5301 LB Zaltbommel
Postbus 98, 5300 AB Zaltbommel
T 0418 511 522