[keycloak-user] Major Memory Leak/Consumption When Creating Many Users

Chris Hairfield chairfield at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 18:29:34 EDT 2016

Hello,

When testing Keycloak 1.9.8 by ingesting a few million users, we find that
Keycloak leaks memory until it is rendered unresponsive (see graph).
Increasing JVM memory only increases the time it takes to encounter this
issue.

We have put together a test project here
<https://github.com/anaerobic/keycloak-leakage> and opened an issue here
<https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-3146> as we continue to
investigate. As we are relying on Keycloak as a central infrastructural
component, any help would be greatly appreciated.

We'll update with more information as we find it.

Thanks,
Chris

[image: mem-cpu.png]