[keycloak-user] WildFly overlay not recommended for production?

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Thu Jun 23 09:52:58 EDT 2016

We don't recommend deploying your applications alongside Keycloak for
several reasons:

* Keycloak is not just for JEE applications
* Applications can interfere with Keycloak which would result in hard to
debug issues
* Keycloak overlay only supports a specific version of WildFly. You may not
always want to upgrade the WildFly used by your applications when upgrading
Keycloak
* Keycloak requires specific configuration of the underlying WildFly
instance. Any changes you do may break it and again cause hard to debug
issues

In the supported version of Keycloak there is no overlay at all, only the
standalone distribution. The overlay distribution is purely meant as a
convenience thing for JEE developers.