[keycloak-user] Grabbing Keycloak user roles from Android app

Thomas Darimont thomas.darimont at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 7 11:16:07 EST 2016

Hello Aritz,

couldn't you just use a JWT parser library to parse the AccessToken string?
http://jwt.io/ lists quite a few usable ones:

I created a gist with a quick example for parsing a keycloak AccessToken
with jjwt:
https://gist.github.com/thomasdarimont/23a80208c1ef529169be

To get the roles for a particular application (acme-petclinic) in this
case, you could do the following:

((Map<String,Object)((Map<String,Object>)claimsJws.getBody().get("resource_access")).get("acme-petclinic")).get("roles")

Cheers,
Thomas