[keycloak-user] Custom User Info URL for an OpenID Connect endpoint

Eugene Chow eugene.chow.ct at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 21:45:32 EST 2016

Hi guys,

I need to make Keycloak authenticate against a custom-built OpenID endpoint that’s not under my control. Keycloak authenticates flawlessly. The “but” here is that the endpoint doesn’t implement a standard User Info endpoint, so Keycloak isn’t able to grab the user’s profile. Getting the user’s profile is a 2-step process.

1) Get the UID of the user from the standard User Info endpoint: https://custom.openid.io/openid/connect/v1/userinfo
2) Use the UID from Step 1 to obtain the real User Info from here: https://custom.openid.io/realuserinfo/v1/users

To make this happen, I have a feeling that I have to roll out my own identity provider and probably write a plugin using the Auth SPI. Could you please guide me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!