[keycloak-user] Upload of SAML SP/Client metadata and detection of NameIdFormat

Gabriel Lavoie glavoie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 10:43:02 EDT 2016

Hi,
     I'm trying to pre-configure a SAML 2.0 SP/Client in a realm with the
upload of its metadata in XML format. The metadata I have currently tells
that it wants the e-mail address as the NameIdFormat:

<md:NameIDFormat>urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:emailAddress</md:NameIDFormat>

After uploading the metadata, the Name ID Format attribute is set to
"username" which seems to be the default value.

Tested with 1.8.0 and 1.9.1

Is this the expected/desired behavior or this is something that Keycloak
could extract?

Thank you,

Gabriel

--