[keycloak-user] Encoding theme selection in realm?

Chris Hairfield chairfield at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 15:52:18 EDT 2016

To anyone interested in how to set up an admin user permanently (without
having to modify its password on initial login), it becomes easy in 1.7.x.
Running the add-user.sh script like `bin/add-user.sh -u admin -p admin` has
the desired effect. Unfortunately, trying to do the same on a clean install
of 1.6.x is failing for me when trying to create either a Management User
or Application User; I am unable to log in to the newly-created user even
though the script completes without errors (and I restarted the server, of
course!).

Looks like now's as good a time as any to upgrade ;)

P.S. I was bitten last upgrade when I tried to jump from 1.4.0 to 1.6.1
without stepping through 1.5.x in-between. Once bitten, twice shy.