[keycloak-user] Example for using rest admin?

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 07:33:47 EDT 2016

We have admin-client and the example is in the directory "admin-client"
of example distribution, also there is some docs here :
http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/keycloak-server/html/admin-rest-api.html

However our admin client doesn't support configuration through JSON file
- it's all programmatic configuration for creating "Keycloak" object as
you can see in the example. You can externalize to JSON in your own app
if you want configuration externalized.

Also we don't support the service accounts for admin client ATM.
Currently you always need admin user and his password available and
"Direct access grant" is used under the hood by admin-client to
authenticate admin. Feel free to create JIRA to support Service account
for calling admin-client. It makes sense to support this IMO.

Marek