[keycloak-user] PubSub eventing on user management

Thomas Darimont thomas.darimont at googlemail.com
Wed May 4 07:59:52 EDT 2016

Hello Guus,

I build something along the lines of:
https://github.com/hawkular/hawkular-accounts/tree/master/keycloak-event-listener-jms
However you need to publish "normal" Keycloak events as well as AdminEvents
which are fired when interacting via the Keycloak Admin REST interfaces,
e.g. by using AdminConsole or the Admin-REST client.

When dealing with the AdminEvents be prepared to do a lot of string pattern
matching against the associated REST resource-paths.
As an example for detecting whether an AdminEvent denotes a client-role
assignment to a user you need to check the resourcePath for the following
Pattern:
^users/(" + UUID_PATTERN_STRING + ")/role-mappings/clients/(" +
UUID_PATTERN_STRING + ")
first uuid-group marks the userId the second one marks the clientId...

I think the AdminEvents should be enriched with some additional context
information to ease the event matching in custom EventHandlers.

Cheers,
Thomas