[keycloak-user] Impersonate

Daniele Bonetto daniele.bonetto at dnshosting.it
Thu May 5 04:14:12 EDT 2016

Hi guys,

i have a little confusion about how impersonate works in Keycloak.

I saw there's a impersonate API that can be called with impersonate
privileges.
I expected when called the API in some ways changes current logged user
session data with impersonated user informations, but seems nothing will
change in keycloak sessions neither returns the changed tokens and the
current user sessions seems still alive.

I also checked keycloak.js to find some method that allows me to call
impersonate API from my webapp to allow our operators to access as users.

Can someone help me please?

Best regards,
Daniele Bonetto