[keycloak-user] "You took too long to login" when adding the initial admin user

Riedel, Sven Sven.Riedel at glomex.com
Mon May 23 06:59:16 EDT 2016

Hi,
I'm set up keycloak 1.9.4final on AWS as an HA-cluster using JDBC-Ping for
infinispan group management behind an load balancer.
Now, when I create a user with the bin/add-user-keycloak.sh script and
restart keycloak on the respektive instance, I get the message "You took
too long to login. Login process starting from beginning." on my first try
to login with the newly created account. On my second try, I just get "An
error occurred, please login again through your application."

>From what I can see, the account is successfully being created in the
database. The login attempts happen within one minute of restarting the
keycloak service. In the console log I can see the message
"type=LOGIN_ERROR, realmId=master, clientId=null, userId=null,
ipAddress=a.b.c.d, error=expired_code, restart_after_timeout=true" on the
first attempt and "type=LOGIN_ERROR, realmId=master, clientId=null,
userId=null, ipAddress=a.b.c.d, error=invalid_code" on the second attempt.

I'm a bit at a loss as to how to proceed, to get the admin user set up
properly and get the login to work. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards,
Sven

--
Sven Riedel
Senior Systemsarchitect

glomex GmbH
Ein Unternehmen der ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE

Medienallee 4
D-85774 Unterföhring
Tel. +49 [89] 9507-8167
sven.riedel at glomex.com

Geschäftsführer: Michael Jaschke, Arnd Mückenberger
HRB 224542 AG München
USt.-ID.-Nr. DE 218559421
St.-Nr. 143/141/71293