[keycloak-user] Few questions about production deployment

Predrag Mijatovic predmijat at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 14:03:06 EDT 2016

Hi,

I've successfully deployed Keycloak in Standalone mode. Now I need to deploy it in production, meaning I need more resilience.

I've read in the documentation that Domain Clustered Mode requires network multicast, which is not available in AWS. I've also read that there are ways to circumvent this (didn't found a guide where someone actually explains the whole process though), but I'm not so sure that it would be good approach - I don't want to introduce more complexity.

What is the best approach here? Should I insist on Domain Clustered Mode in AWS (can you provide guides where it's explained how to achieve that)? Or, is it possible to create a setup with multiple Standalone deployments, with some kind of a load balancer in front of them?

Thanks,
Predrag