[keycloak-user] Account mangment: Server-side validation of custom user attributes profile update

Rickard Östergård rickard.ostergard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 05:41:57 EST 2016

Hi,

Is there a way to do server-side validation for custom user attributes when
the user updates the profile via the Account management page (
/realms/<REALM>/account/ )?

I have implemented a theme template as describe here:
https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/server-developer-guide/content/v/2.3/topics/custom-attributes.html#_account_management_console
.
Its possible to edit the custom user attributes, however is there a way to
validate these attributes server-side?

I have read this previous question,
http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/keycloak-user/2016-April/005625.html, but
as far as I understand this only describe how to implement validation when
the user register. I need to implement the same validation for user profile
updates.

Best regards,
Rickard