[keycloak-user] multiple ldap servers (failover)

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Thu Nov 17 05:01:24 EST 2016

Hi all,

We've just found keycloak, and are evaluating it. It's looking great so
far! We have two questions.

Question one:
We are running three AD DCs, and would like to configure all three in
keycloak, to get failover & redundancy.
To do this, I have simply configured three comma-seperated DCs in the
ldap URL field. Keycloak accepted this input, but I'm not sure that all
three will be  used...
Is the above the way to provide multiple ldap servers to keycloak?

Question two:
How about backing up keycloak? We are running from an extracted tar.gz.
If we keep backups of this keycloak-directory, is that enough? Does
keycloak need to be shutdown at backup time?

Best regards,
MJ