[keycloak-user] Create user with admin client - throws socket exception..

Mustafa Kuru musti.kuru at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 10:51:10 EST 2016

Hi,

We are using admin client to create an keycloak user.
Socket exception occures sometimes on a test stage. Unfortunatelly i can
not reproduce it locally. The stage is clustered.

>From the keycloak logs i can not find much information about this problem.

This produces blocking sessions in keycloak database. We have to kill them
every time. Otherwise hanging every following call about 5 min. and then
throws exception.
It is very annoying.

Until we upgrade from the version 1.8.1 to 2.x.x we have to find a
temporary solution.
I need to know why the "create user" call causes blocking sessions in
database.

Exceptions looks like:

javax.ws.rs.ProcessingException: Unable to invoke request
at
org.jboss.resteasy.client.jaxrs.engines.ApacheHttpClient4Engine.invoke(ApacheHttpClient4Engine.java:287)
at
org.jboss.resteasy.client.jaxrs.internal.ClientInvocation.invoke(ClientInvocation.java:407)
at
org.jboss.resteasy.client.jaxrs.internal.proxy.ClientInvoker.invoke(ClientInvoker.java:102)
at
org.jboss.resteasy.client.jaxrs.internal.proxy.ClientProxy.invoke(ClientProxy.java:62)

Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:209)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:141)
at
org.apache.http.impl.io.AbstractSessionInputBuffer.fillBuffer(AbstractSessionInputBuffer.java:158)

thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Mustafa Kuru