[keycloak-user] keycloak logout.js on brokering idp mode

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Nov 25 04:09:28 EST 2016

When you call keycloak.js logout, you will be redirected to the Keycloak
server LogoutEndpoint. This endpoint will:
- remove the UserSession on Keycloak side
- expire the Keycloak browser cookies
- Send separate backchannel request to all the logged applications,
which uses servlet adapter (NOT javascript applications) and which has
"admin URL" configured. This backchannel logout will remove the
HttpSession for every servlet application on it's side
- Other javascript apps logged in same browser relies on Session IFrame
. More info in our docs. In shortcut, this IFrame checks every 5 seconds
if browser cookie KEYCLOAK_SESSION still exists on the Keycloak server
and it will automatically logout if not. In other words, if you have 2
javascript applications in same browser at different tabs and you call
logout from the application1, then the application2 will be
automatically logged-out too within 5 seconds at max.
- In shortcut: All servlet and javascript apps in same browser will be
automatically logged-out

Hope this helps,
Marek