[keycloak-user] Keycloak behind 2 Nginx reverse proxies (HTTPS -> HTTP)

Pål Oliver Kristiansen paal.oliver at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 09:04:45 EST 2016

We use this setup and it works fine.

BigIP load balancer in front with HTTPS termination. Behind that, a nginx
server acts as a proxy in front of a docker container running Keycloak.

What do you mean by "But this configuration is not working because of
invalid redirect issue."?

https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/server-installation-and-configuration/content/v/2.4/topics/network/https.html

fre. 25. nov. 2016 kl. 14.10 skrev Andrey Saroul <andrey.saroul at gmail.com>:

> We have an idea to isolate our application in our internal network so that
> all communication in that network can go by HTTP.
> So we've set up a public nginx server, witch is responsible for
> establishing https connections.
> Public nginx server forwards requests to another nginx server in secured
> internal network, witch is in turn accesses Keycloak and WildFly by HTTP.
> But this configuration is not working because of invalid redirect issue.
> In our client's json file we have to define auth-server-url with HTTPS
> scheme. When we try to specify HTTP Keycloak no longer works.
> So my question: is it possible to make things work by HTTP in internal
> private network and HTTPS only remain for public access.
> Any guidance will be appreciated.

Pål Oliver Kristiansen
Cornix Consulting
92 22 60 41