[keycloak-user] Can't get adapter subsystem config to work in KC2.2.1 - keycloak.json works

Chris S. Dollar CDollar at rydin.com
Wed Oct 5 09:39:11 EDT 2016

Hi All,

I'm working with some POC code based on this blog post: http://blog.keycloak.org/2015/10/getting-started-with-keycloak-securing.html

Up till now I've been using WF10 Final and KC 2.0.0 Final, and everything has been going fine. I could configure the security of my .war (which is packaged in an .ear) via the per-war keycloak.json method or via the adapter subsystem method and both worked.

Today I started on migrating our POC to WF 10.1 Final and KC 2.2.1 Final. With this new combo I'm not having any problems configuring war security using keycloak.json - that seems to work fine, but I can't seem to get the adapter subsystem method working. Using the adapter subsystem it appears that KC isn't trying to authenticate my app as I'm prompted for basic auth credentials. Enabling trace logging for KC and org.jboss.security didn't give any clues.

Are there any changes known issues with the adapter config method with KC 2.2.1? And/or is there anyone using that system successfully in their configuration?

Also, as I was investigating this I noticed (what I think is) an inconsistency in the docs. The java adapters config page shows the config option "credentials" and shows how to use it in the keycloak.json file. https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/securing-client-applications-guide/content/v/2.2/topics/oidc/java/java-adapter-config.html However, on the page for JBoss/EAP/WF adapters it references the option as "credenial" without the trailing "s", and the examples shown there also do not have the trailing s character. https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/securing-client-applications-guide/content/v/2.2/topics/oidc/java/jboss-adapter.html Should that value be different in each case as the docs seem to indicate? The adapters config page also states that that value is required, but as best I can tell it isn't… And I'm 99% sure that the 'credential' deal isn't my real issue here, but I thought I'd point it out in case the docs are incorrect.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
Chris