[keycloak-user] Login to Keycloak using API and create KeycloakPrincipal object

Chris Savory chris.savory at edlogics.com
Mon Oct 10 09:30:13 EDT 2016

I actually had a similar question for our register user workflow.  We are registering users on our site using our own custom registration form; in this flow we use the Admin client to create the user in keycloak.  Since the user just gave us their un/pw it doesn’t make sense for us to send them over to Keycloak to login, but rather we would like to passively log them in either via the backend or via some ajax call.

I know I can get a token if I do something like this, but I’m not sure if it’s going to drop all the right cookies back to the user’s browser to consider them logged in across all the clients:

curl   -d "client_id=admin-cli"   -d "username=chris.savory at edlogics.com"   -d "password=password"   -d "grant_type=password"   "<domain>/auth/realms/<realm>/protocol/openid-connect/token"