[keycloak-user] AbstractUserAdapterFederatedStorage & Roles

Harold Campbell hcamp at muerte.net
Tue Oct 11 14:10:07 EDT 2016

I'm using the new user storage provider stuff to federate users from an
existing database. It's mostly working, but I'm having trouble with
role updates propogating.

My UserAdapter extends AbstractUserAdapterFederatedStorage.

If I do not override grantRole(), deleteRoleMapping(), and
getFederatedRoleMappings(), KC's view of the users roles is only set
the first time the user is loaded. Neither adding nor removing roles
changes the list.

If I *do* override those methods, then at least adding a role updates
the list. Removing them still does not.

I'm using UserAdapter#grantRole() to add the roles I've tried all of

UserAdapter#deleteRoleMapping()
UserAdapter#getRealmRoleMappings()#remove()
UserAdapter#getRoleMappings()#remove()

to remove roles to no avail.

What am I missing? KC 2.1.1.Final

--