[keycloak-user] ECP example?

Carlos Villegas cav at uniscope.jp
Mon Oct 17 22:07:01 EDT 2016

Hmm... I saw some classes in the adapters 2.2.1 code about ECP so I did
some experiments.

If I set the adapter as a regular POST binding and then send the headers

Accept: application/vnd.paos+xml

PAOS:
ver="urn:liberty:paos:2003-08";"urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:profiles:SSO:ecp

the SP seems to respond the right way with a  SOAP message that looks
about right. Except it's not sending the Content-type header and then
the Shibboleth java client I'm using to test doesn't react. I then
patched the o.k.adapters.saml.profile.ecp.EcpAuthenticationHandler to
set Content-Type: application/vnd.paos+xml and I get I little bit
further. The client logins to the IDP and gets the tokens but after that
it's not working. But at this point I don't know where the fault is, in
the client or the SP. The client was not sending the right content type
either to the IDP, which according to some other post, should be
text/xml. I fixed that also on the client and seems to do the login now,
I see the correct user attributes in the response. But after that it
seems to get into some loop and I get some authentication error.

Are you saying the adapters' ECP support is not completely functional?

Thanks,
Carlos