[keycloak-user] Creating the UI using REST API

Michael Furman michael_furman at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 31 04:41:25 EDT 2016

Hi all,
We need to create our own UI using REST API.
I have authenticated a user in UI (http://localhost:8080/auth/admin/master/console/#/realms/master ) and then I have tried to open some REST API from a browser in the new tab (for example http://localhost:8080/auth/admin/realms/master/clients).

Unfortunately I get HTTP 401 barrier error.
I see that I need the barrier token if I access REST API from the command line: https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/server-developer-guide/content/v/2.2/topics/admin-rest-api.html

What UI should do to access REST API?
Also to allocate the barrier token and then to access REST API?
Do you have any JS lib that make the process easier?
Thank you in advance for your help.
Best regards,
   Michael