[keycloak-user] Keycloak 2.1.0 Random SQL Errors (Possible connection leaks)

Sarp Kaya akaya at expedia.com
Tue Sep 6 19:28:18 EDT 2016

Hello, after upgrading to Keycloak 2.1.0 I have started to see that Keycloak is logging warnings like this:

WARN  [org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper] (default task-224) SQL Error: 0, SQLState: null

I am using MySQL Database.

Another thing I noticed with this is that I listen to this JMX for metrics:
jboss.as.expr:subsystem=datasources,data-source=MySQLDS,statistics=pool
for the ActiveCount metric
and I constantly see this being 18 despite having nearly no Keycloak usage. So it’s making me to think that there is a connection leak in Keycloak, because I should not see 18 active connections, when there is no load on Keycloak.

Could you please have a look at this? I don’t really remember seeing this issue in Keycloak 2.0.0, so I’m just guessing it could be just 2.1.0 issue as well…

Kind Regards,
Sarp Kaya