[keycloak-user] Getting 401 if trying to access app via loadbalancer

KASALA Štefan Stefan.Kasala at posam.sk
Thu Sep 8 07:05:34 EDT 2016

Hello,
Finally we upgraded to Keycloak 2.1.0.Final. We have configured Apache httpd proxy in front of the server. We configured keycloak server according to https://keycloak.gitbooks.io/server-installation-and-configuration/content/topics/clustering/load-balancer.html.

The configuration is still not complete/correct, probably I missed something. When I access proxied url for either of our configured realms I got unproxied auth-server-url:
[localuser at machine01:~/keycloak]$ curl -s http://lb.our.domain/auth/admin/governance/console/config | python -m json.tool
{
    "auth-server-url": "http://machine01.our.domain:8081/auth",
    "public-client": true,
    "realm": "governance",
    "realm-public-key": "MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCrVrCuTtArbgaZzL1hvh0xtL5mc7o0NqPVnYXkLvgcwiC3BjLGw1tGEGoJaXDuSaRllobm53JBhjx33UNv+5z/UMG4kytBWxheNVKnL6GgqlNabMaFfPLPCF8kAgKnsi79NMo+n6KnSY8YeUmec/p2vjO2NjsSAVcWEQMVhJ31LwIDAQAB",
    "resource": "security-admin-console",
    "ssl-required": "external"
}

[localuser at machine01:~/keycloak]$ curl -s http://lb.our.domain/auth/admin/master/console/config | python -m json.tool
{
    "auth-server-url": "http://machine01.our.domain:8081/auth",
    "public-client": true,
    "realm": "master",
    "realm-public-key": "MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAtJYkLAIk+/lkVQFcKtKKFG7/n9B5m7kBcExUg3VqbbbZZy3NUmfzRyQeKMw9TdFirXwhoS+xnyYC/bo1m8BLJB3fACmPKSGdTZdsf9t37z12pWELUk07O5IfjNh5ITPgDmTkHY3dE1E4CxyabdSkhCGdGjBI0HZa8Ekc91Hk7JKCJ62g7yoEwHai8POiFAk2LoRUFlc42rpLmhvgZooUDD5/R/XUEOHk1U0fQJP0GAHjZyJnPisCoSdFoCoBoGb12m0PrFOXQBpn4QOMIiidU8Vt/D2Gc7I/fiPBhMKBXcinL5i5wvy1EizA8f9tRv4mvyb0+fCT8aDi0M2qK7KvmwIDAQAB",
    "resource": "security-admin-console",
    "ssl-required": "external"
}

How can I configure it to return the proxied version? Thanks.
Stefan.