[keycloak-user] Unable to configure client certificate

abhishek raghav abhi.raghav007 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 08:57:53 EDT 2016

Hi Team,

I am facing an issue while I am trying to set Client Authenticator as
'Signed JWT'. I am using Keycloak-admin.jar to do it.
Here I am trying to automate the complete client creation work through a
java program.
ClientAttributeCertificateResource cacr
=clientResource.getCertficateResource("jwt.credentials"); byte[]
mycert=cacr.generateAndGetKeystore(keyStoreConfig);

Here keyStoreConfig is the config object which contains all the metadata
required to generate the certificate e.g keystore password, format, alias
name etc.
I could successfully got the certificate generated and got it as a byte
array and in the backend it is not configuring for the client.
I am still seeing this:

Even though value for Client Authenticator is set as Signed Jwt and same is
getting updated in keycloak.json (under installation) as well.
Code to set the authenticator is :
client.setClientAuthenticatorType(client-jwt);

Please
- Best Regards Abhishek Raghav